2023 Dove hunting season in Yuma
YUMA — The Yuma County Sheriff’s Office would like to remind Yuma County residents that the 2023 Dove Hunting Season will open on Friday, September 1st at half hour before sunrise and runs through Friday, September 15th at sunset.
Some laws to remember when out hunting:
• Prohibited areas: Individuals are prohibited from hunting within all municipal and county parks and preserves, including the Yuma East Wetlands, West Wetlands Park, golf courses and airport properties.
• Discharge firearm within 0.25 miles – It is unlawful to discharge a firearm while taking wildlife within 1/4 mile of an occupied structure without permission of the owner or resident.
• Shoot across roads – No person may knowingly discharge any firearm or shoot any device upon, from, across, or into a maintained road or railway.
• Trespassing – A person may not trespass on private property for taking wildlife if that property is posted “No Hunting”, “No Trespassing”, or if a person is asked to leave by the owner.
• Littering – Pack it in. Trash left behind is unacceptable. This can include shotgun hulls and remnants of dead wildlife.
Other restrictions apply to incorporated areas, hunters should always check with local jurisdictions.
For more information on State law and requirements, please visit the Arizona Game and Fish Department website at www.yumadovehunting.com.
If you have any questions or need additional information about the dove hunting season, please contact the Arizona Game and Fish Regional Office in Yuma at 9140 E. 28th Street, call (928) 342-0091.